Perfectly thick without being bulky, I designed these Latigo Leather Slings to have everything you need and nothing you don't!
When I was a kid my dad had a sling like this on his hunting rifle, simple and rugged with rock solid Chicago Screw adjustment so once it's set, it ain't going nowhere!
I couldn't find any like it, so decided to make my own and make them available to you too!
Each sling is cut, punched and assembled by hand in my Celina, Texas workshop.
- Full Grain Latigo Leather construction - strong & flexible!
- Antique Brass Chicago Screw adjustment along the entire length!
- 1 1/4" wide
- OAL ~ 49"
- Max installed length ~ 40.5" (see size, fit & use notes below)
- 4 Chicago Screws & washers included
- Sling swivels not included (I recommend Uncle Mike's)
- Standard lead time to ship is 4-6 weeks. Please see lead time & policy page for current lead times to ship.
- Color can vary slightly as I cut these slings from full sides of leather and not every side is exactly the same. Black is always black. The Brown can vary in shade the most but is always a rich brown, but may be a bit lighter or darker than the photos. Mahogany is very consistent but can be a bit lighter or darker.
- Slings and Cartridge Cuffs are different kinds of leather, I dye the Cartridge Cuffs while sling latigo leather is dyed at the tannery. As such, I've tried to source the closest color latigo possible to match my Cartridge Cuffs but some variation must be expected.
- Slings are cut from full sides of leather and some surface imperfections might be present and add to the character of these slings.
Size, fit & use:
Mason Leather Latigo Leather Rifle/Shotgun Slings have an approximate maximum installed length of 40.5", this allows plenty of adjustment to fit most rifles and hunters. For example, I am 6'2" tall & 260 lbs, a bigger ol' boy, and the length is more than plenty for slinging my Winchester M70 over my shoulder while wearing a heavy coat. Unless you are over 6'6" tall and/or 350+ lbs, you should have no issues on rifles.
Full size shotguns typically have a much longer distance between sling studs than rifles. If mounting to a full size shotgun, there will not be as much available adjustment. I'm 6'2" tall & 260 lbs, and the length is enough for me on my 12 gauge Mossberg 500 at its longest setting. Unless you are over 6'3" tall and/or 275+ lbs, you should have no issues on shotguns unless you like a very loose setup.
Check the sling measurements provided against one of your currently installed slings if unsure about fit.
Latigo is renowned for its long lasting durability and strength and was developed specifically for strap use, making it perfect for slings.
All Mason Leather gear is handcrafted from USA sourced full grain leathers and may have natural markings or imperfections; these add to the rugged appeal and in no way affect durability or performance.