Current Order Status
Order status is updated weekly. Last updated 2/18/2024.
- Estimated lead time to ship on new orders is 4-6 weeks.
- Orders placed 12/24 - 1/11 are in work now, estimated ship date 2/26.
- Orders placed 1/12 forward estimated ship date 8 weeks post order date.
- All orders placed through 12/23 are COMPLETE AND SHIPPED. Please reference your Order Shipped email for tracking. Tracking can take several days to update once you receive your Order Shipped email, this is normal. Domestic orders typically deliver 5-7 days after dropping at the post office. International orders vary widely depending on destination.
- ALL International orders are currently CLOSED due to an issue with US Customs continuously denying export. I am researching the issue but have no known resolution at this time.
- Lead time to ship is an ESTIMATE and your order may be completed and shipped in advance or after this ESTIMATE.
- Most orders will ship faster than the estimated lead time to ship.
- I always strive to ship as quickly as possible, please understand handmade quality takes time.
- Your method of payment will be charged at the time of your order. This secures your order and materials.
- Alternatively, a Mason Leather gift card is a great holiday gift that gets delivered immediately by email.
Cancellation, Refund, Return & Promotion Policy
Please read the following with the perspective that Mason Leather is a one-man, handmade, semi-custom leather shop, not a giant corporation with vast resources, hundreds or thousands of employees and generic, mass-produced products.
- Cancellation Policy: Due to the need to plan material purchases and the handmade, customizable nature of Mason Leather gear, orders are NOT CANCELABLE once placed.
- Refund/Replacement Policy: This is handmade semi-custom leatherwork, some variation in coloration, uniqueness of leather etc. has to be expected. I rigorously control quality throughout the make process and reject anything sub par. Should you receive your item and it has a defect in materials or workmanship please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the issue. If it is determined there is a defect in materials or workmanship I will refund or replace your item in full. Please review your order before purchasing because order mistakes (ex. ordering a left hand cartridge cuff instead of a right hand cartridge cuff, the wrong belt size, etc.) cannot be returned, replaced or refunded. If you discover you made an order mistake please contact me ASAP and depending where your order is in the make process I may be able to accommodate the change.
- Return Policy: Due to the customizable and uniqueness of each item, returns are not applicable.
- Promotion Policy: Occasionally I may run promotional sales as any business does. Promotional discounts cannot and will not be applied in-arrears. If you have a coupon code, please use it, but do not ask me to apply a discount in arrears, I do not have the time and find it to be in poor taste. Occasionally (Black Friday), a "better" promotion may suddenly appear on my site, I will not apply this in arrears. The benefit to having already placed your order is that you will receive it MUCH sooner. As a one man shop making everything by hand, a batch of orders being worked may overlap different promotions, it is what it is. I appreciate every order, please appreciate the nature of my work and the constraints I am subject to. I do not have the bandwidth to apply promotions in arrears to orders that have already been placed and are already in-work. I have put a lot of effort into ensuring my everyday pricing is the best on the market for handmade leatherwork while being fair to myself and providing top value to every valued customer. Please do not ask me to apply a promotion to an order you have already placed, I will not do it.
What Happens When You Order?
Here is exactly what occurs when you place an order:
- Your payment method is charged and you will receive an order confirmation email with your order details within a few minutes of placing your order.
- I start making your order either in the current batch of orders that is in work or the next batch after completing my current batch, depending on where the current batch is in the completion process. I complete orders in batches of 20 to over 200 at a time, depending on order volume, to maintain efficiency, timeliness and reduce cost to you. If I were to fully process individual orders one at a time as they come in the lead time to ship would be 6 to 12 months as opposed to several weeks.
- Once the batch your order is in is complete, I prepare all orders in that batch for shipment. I then pack and apply postage to each shippable order. Once I print your particular shipping label you will receive an order shipped email with tracking information.
- The pack/ship process can take a few days to get an entire batch ready to drop at the post office, this is why your tracking may not update for a few days after you receive your order shipped email. Once the entire batch is ready, I drop off all the orders at the post office.
- The post office will then deliver your order as fast as they can. Domestic orders typically deliver in 5-7 days after the post office receives them. International orders vary widely, taking between 2 weeks and several months to deliver depending on destination country. These timelines are just what I have seen, I have zero control over how long it takes USPS to deliver your order and have no more insight than you do with your tracking number.