Current Order Status
Below is the current status of orders. Status is updated weekly. Last updated 9/16/21.
- Estimated lead time to ship on new orders is 6 weeks (see next section for more info on new order lead times).
- Orders placed noon CST 8/7 thru 8/28 are complete and shipping. If your order is in this batch look for a shipping email between now and Monday 9/20. It is a large batch and will take me several days to get them all pack/shipped. The entire batch will be delivered to the post office Monday 9/20 or Tuesday 9/21.
- For orders placed 8/29 or later please reference your order confirmation email for estimated lead time to ship
- Orders placed prior to noon on 8/7 shipped and were dropped at the post office 8/19. Please reference your shipped email for tracking. After I drop them at the post office I have no more insight than you do with your tracking number. Domestic orders typically deliver 5-7 days after dropping at the post office. International orders vary widely depending on destination.
Current ESTIMATED lead time to ship on new orders is 6 weeks.
- Lead time to ship is an ESTIMATE and your order may be completed and shipped weeks in advance or after this ESTIMATE.
- Your method of payment will be charged at the time of your order. This secures your order and materials.
- HOLIDAY ORDERS: October through January are always my busiest months. Lead times are almost certain to extend during this time. To receive an order in time for Christmas, please place your order NO LATER THAN October 1st and I will try my best to get it shipped in time to deliver by Christmas. Alternatively, a Mason Leather gift card is a great holiday gift that gets delivered immediately by email.
Cancellation, Refund, Return & Promotion Policy
Please read the following with the perspective that Mason Leather is a one-man, handmade, semi-custom leather shop, not a giant corporation with vast resources, hundreds or thousands of employees and generic, mass-produced products.
- Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your order for any reason, please reply to your order confirmation email or email me at email@example.com as soon as possible. If I have not yet started work on your order I will cancel and refund your order no questions asked. If your order is already in work I will not be able to cancel it because material has been cut and supplies used.
- Refund/Replacement Policy: This is handmade semi-custom leatherwork, some variation in coloration, uniqueness of leather etc. has to be expected. I rigorously control quality throughout the make process and reject anything sub par. Should you receive your item and it has a defect in materials or workmanship please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the issue. If it is determined there is a defect in materials or workmanship I will refund or replace your item in full. Please review your order before purchasing because order mistakes (ex. ordering a left hand cartridge cuff instead of a right hand cartridge cuff, the wrong belt size, etc.) cannot be returned, replaced or refunded. If you discover you made an order mistake please contact me ASAP and depending where your order is in the make process I may be able to accommodate the change.
- Return Policy: Due to the customizable and uniqueness of each item, returns are not applicable.
- Promotion Policy: Occasionally I may run promotional sales as any business does. Promotions will always use a coupon code that must be entered during checkout to receive the discount. Promotional discounts cannot and will not be backwards-applied to orders placed prior to a promotional sale that may still be in work and not yet shipped during a promo sale. Due to the handmade nature and lead time to make, if I did this I would never be able to offer a sale as I would have to manually back-apply a promotion to every order then in work, which is both logistically impossible and unfair to myself as the maker and any customer that ever placed an order outside of any given promotion. Additionally, as a one man shop I do not have the bandwidth to apply coupon codes in arrears to orders that have already been placed. I have put a lot of effort into ensuring my everyday pricing is the best on the market for handmade leatherwork while being fair to myself and providing top value to every valued customer. If you have a promo code, by all means use it, but please do not ask me to apply a promo code to an order you have already placed.
What Happens When You Order?
Here is exactly what occurs when you place an order:
- Your payment method is charged and you will receive an order confirmation email with your order details within a few minutes of placing your order.
- I start making your order either in the current batch of orders that is in work or the next batch after completing my current batch, depending on where the current batch is in the completion process. I complete orders in batches of 20 to over 200 at a time, depending on order volume, to maintain efficiency, timeliness and reduce cost to you. If I were to fully process individual orders one at a time as they come in the lead time to ship would be 6 to 12 months as opposed to my standard 3 to 4 weeks.
- Once the batch your order is in is complete, I prepare all orders in that batch for shipment. I then pack and apply postage to each shippable order. Once I print your particular shipping label you will receive an order shipped email with tracking information.
- The pack/ship process can take a few days to get an entire batch ready to drop at the post office, this is why your tracking may not update for a few days after you receive your order shipped email. Once the entire batch is ready, I drop off all the orders at the post office.
- The post office will then deliver your order as fast as they can. Domestic orders typically deliver in 5-7 days after the post office receives them. International orders vary widely, taking between 2 weeks and several months to deliver depending on destination country. These timelines are just what I have seen, I have zero control over how long it takes USPS to deliver your order and have no more insight than you do with your tracking number.