Current Order Status
Order status is updated weekly. Last updated 5/16/2022.
- Estimated lead time to ship on new orders is back to my normal 4-6 weeks. It is a great time to place an order my friend!
- Orders placed 5/11/22 and later are in work now. Estimated ship date is 6/8/22.
- Orders placed through 5/10/22 are COMPLETE AND SHIPPED. Please reference your Order Shipped email for tracking. Tracking can take several days to update once you receive your Order Shipped email, this is normal. Domestic orders typically deliver 5-7 days after dropping at the post office. International orders vary widely depending on destination.
- As of 9/19/21 the United States Postal Service has suspended shipments to Australia and New Zealand. Any orders to Australia or New Zealand placed going forward will be immediately cancelled/refunded until the suspension is lifted.
- Lead time to ship is an ESTIMATE and your order may be completed and shipped weeks in advance or after this ESTIMATE.
- I always strive to ship as quickly as possible, please understand handmade quality takes time.
- Your method of payment will be charged at the time of your order. This secures your order and materials.
- HOLIDAY ORDERS: to receive an order in time for Christmas, please place your order NO LATER THAN November 1st!
- Alternatively, a Mason Leather gift card is a great holiday gift that gets delivered immediately by email.
Cancellation, Refund, Return & Promotion Policy
Please read the following with the perspective that Mason Leather is a one-man, handmade, semi-custom leather shop, not a giant corporation with vast resources, hundreds or thousands of employees and generic, mass-produced products.
- Cancellation Policy: Due to ongoing supply chain issues and the need to plan material purchases, orders are NOT CANCELABLE once placed.
- Refund/Replacement Policy: This is handmade semi-custom leatherwork, some variation in coloration, uniqueness of leather etc. has to be expected. I rigorously control quality throughout the make process and reject anything sub par. Should you receive your item and it has a defect in materials or workmanship please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the issue. If it is determined there is a defect in materials or workmanship I will refund or replace your item in full. Please review your order before purchasing because order mistakes (ex. ordering a left hand cartridge cuff instead of a right hand cartridge cuff, the wrong belt size, etc.) cannot be returned, replaced or refunded. If you discover you made an order mistake please contact me ASAP and depending where your order is in the make process I may be able to accommodate the change.
- Return Policy: Due to the customizable and uniqueness of each item, returns are not applicable.
- Promotion Policy: Occasionally I may run promotional sales as any business does. Promotions will always use a coupon code that must be entered during checkout to receive the discount. Promotional discounts cannot and will not be backwards-applied to orders placed prior to a promotional sale. Due to the handmade nature and lead time to make, if I did this I would never be able to offer a sale as I would have to manually back-apply a promotion to every order then in work, which is both logistically impossible and unfair to myself as the maker and any customer that ever placed an order outside of any given promotion. Additionally, as a one man shop I do not have the bandwidth to apply coupon codes in arrears to orders that have already been placed. I have put a lot of effort into ensuring my everyday pricing is the best on the market for handmade leatherwork while being fair to myself and providing top value to every valued customer. If you have a promo code, by all means use it, but please do not ask me to apply a promo code to an order you have already placed.
What Happens When You Order?
Here is exactly what occurs when you place an order:
- Your payment method is charged and you will receive an order confirmation email with your order details within a few minutes of placing your order.
- I start making your order either in the current batch of orders that is in work or the next batch after completing my current batch, depending on where the current batch is in the completion process. I complete orders in batches of 20 to over 200 at a time, depending on order volume, to maintain efficiency, timeliness and reduce cost to you. If I were to fully process individual orders one at a time as they come in the lead time to ship would be 6 to 12 months as opposed to several weeks.
- Once the batch your order is in is complete, I prepare all orders in that batch for shipment. I then pack and apply postage to each shippable order. Once I print your particular shipping label you will receive an order shipped email with tracking information.
- The pack/ship process can take a few days to get an entire batch ready to drop at the post office, this is why your tracking may not update for a few days after you receive your order shipped email. Once the entire batch is ready, I drop off all the orders at the post office.
- The post office will then deliver your order as fast as they can. Domestic orders typically deliver in 5-7 days after the post office receives them. International orders vary widely, taking between 2 weeks and several months to deliver depending on destination country. These timelines are just what I have seen, I have zero control over how long it takes USPS to deliver your order and have no more insight than you do with your tracking number.